As I draw closer to my due date, I find myself looking for an inner peace to calm my anxiety and ease the everyday worries I have about becoming a new mom. My heart has felt so vulnerable throughout this pregnancy and I find myself spending a lot of time praying about the unforeseeable future. It helps me now more than ever to try to find comfort in the Maker. So I wanted to share 10 Bible Verses for the Expectant Mama about children. For me, these verses embody the prayers and dreams I have for my baby girl and help relieve the stresses I have about welcoming a new baby into the world.
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warror are the children of one’s youth.” Psalm 127: 3
2. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;” Jeremiah 1:5
3. “Children are a gift from God, they are His reward.” Psalm 127:3
4. “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
5. “You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength.” Psalm 8:2
6. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14
7. “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
8. “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.” Proverbs 17:6
9. “Your children will be like olive shoots around your table.” Psalm 128:3b
10. “Great shall be the peace of your children.” Isaiah 54:13b
I feel so blessed.
To be able to bring a child into the world and to have had what most would deem a healthy pregnancy. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have my anxieties about it. I worry every single day about what kind of mom I’ll be and what kind of kid I’ll raise. I have to stop and remember that God says he has a plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11) and that my life is in His hands.
As I head into the last two months of pregnancy, I am trying to find the inner peace that everything will be okay throughout this pandemic and that the rest of my pregnancy is God’s will be done.
I hope this post reaches you and helps you find comfort.